Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Flesh and Blood and Gut (strings!) - all happening this week!

This is an action-packed week when much Weetabix-consumption will be required! Having taught Creative Writing and 'Landscape, Literature & Culture' seminars to some of my students at NUI Galway already this week I'm getting set to read from my new collection, CONDITIONAL PERFECT, at the lovely Vintage Room, at the WorkmansClub in Dublin at 6:30pm tomorrow (Wednesday) evening along with two wonderful poets, my fellow travellers on the Doire Press 'Flesh and Blood' tour, Michael Whelan and Simon Lewis

Dublin friends, this is a free event and we hope you can join us! Then one further Creative Writing seminar on Thursday (how I love teaching this subject!) and then on Friday I'm bound for Achill where the 2019Achill Harp Fest will be kicking off and where I'm honoured to be giving a poetry reading and recital along with the multi-talented Síle Denvir at 4pm on Sunday and a free illustrated talk on the 'Irish harp as trope, icon and instrument' at 11:30am on Monday. The full line-up can be viewed here. All very exciting! Congrats to Laoise Kelly and the Achill Harp Fest committee on another wonderful programme this year!

Next stop on the 'Flesh and Blood' tour tomorrow is.... Dublin!




No comments:

Post a Comment